Pages

August 2, 2010

Pili- pili...Taste of Philipinnos Dessert

Today at college, there's a so called "Bazzar" which organised the Philipinos Student Body Organization  outside the common room of ATIC new building and ALL IN RM2...( ...nice). I must say that its creative a idea to sell some their traditional dessert such as Minatamis na saging, Cheese Stick, Turon, Binignit, Ice candy plus my favaurite, Yema. for supporting their club's fund raising event.

Although all the dessert a little new for  me, but as student who connected within Tourism line,  little taste of Phillipines Dessert in your mouth won't do any harm. Then I realize that The words of Pili - Pili is just the same to some of the words here in Malaysia. In Malaysia, the words Pilih means 'choose', its the same with Philipines ( Tagalog I guest..oh well).

This is Yema
Okey, the food quite tasty but I feel a little bit weird when one of my Philiphinos friend asked me to try some kind of drinks which combination of rice and hot cocoa....sounds awfull to me but after I taste it, it taste something like.... sweet mashed potato soup! And the yema is actually a custard candy which taste like a cotton candy....Well I thought it was just common type of dessert but turned out that the taste of Yema is so sweet!!! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment